Thursday, August 13, 2015

Cool storm clouds over the city

I was sitting inside hacking code and noticed it was fiercely dark outside, at 6pm when it's usually blinding.  I could hear the wind picking up and thought I'd heard distant thunder, but you don't get thunderstorms here -- not in Europe (or so I thought).

Out on the roof deck, the wind was really threatening to blow things over the railing: "Auntie Em, it's a twister!". The light was weird, I always think "irrlicht", the Germanic "crazy light".  This is like the kick-ass storms we enjoy in the DC area: sudden, ferocious, short-tempered and short-lived.  I saw a couple nearby bolts of lightening, the first I've seen in Europe.

The sky was wall-to-wall with heavy, seriously ominous clouds. I managed to snap a few pictures while on a conference call back to the US. (isn't wifi great?)




 After most of it had blown from the mountains to the sea, there was a faint rainbow.


No comments:

Post a Comment